Gathering with industry leaders to network, gain inspiration and knowledge is what sets IPDA members ahead of the pack. Join us for our next event to learn more about IPDA and how it can help you deliver the best possible outcome.
Osgoode Certificate in Construction Law
Manage legal risk on your construction projects with confidence!
- Wednesday, 27 February 2019
- Sunday, 3 March 2019
Join 25+ legal and construction professionals in this intensive 5-day certificate program to learn what you need to know about construction law issues – from contract formation to dispute resolution
Develop a solid understanding of the core legal issues impacting construction projects in Western Canada – and emerge better equipped to minimize exposure to costly risk. This program is eligible for Canada Job-Grant funding.
· Various project delivery models and the key participants
· How to negotiate construction contracts with both internal stakeholders and the other side
· Bidding & tendering and builder’s liens principles
· Managing key recurrent issues in construction claims
· CCA: this program has been accredited by the CCA for 5 credits toward Gold Seal Certification’s education requirement.
· AB: this program is eligible for CPD credit with the Law Society of Alberta.
· BC: this program is eligible for 25.5 hours (a minimum of 3.0 hours will involve aspects of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations and/or practice management)
· CPD credit with the Law Society of British Columbia.